Learn Chinese Online with That’s Mandarin
Learn Chinese online and enjoy private online classes with our professional native Chinese teachers anytime, anywhere.
We use our in-house digital platform NihaoCafe to help you connect with your teacher, review class notes, and schedule classes.
Apply For Your First Free Chinese Class!
Sign up for a Free Trial Online class to experience what our classes are like
MEET THE INSTRUCTORS WHO WILL HELP YOU LEARN CHINESE ONLINE
While you can have your online classes from any corner on the planet, our teachers will be located in one of 2 cities: Beijing or Shanghai.
ONLINE TEACHERS IN BEIJING
ONLINE TEACHERS IN SHANGHAI
FEATURES OF THE ONLINE CHINESE COURSE
Highly experienced teachers
All our teachers are highly qualified professionals, university graduates majoring in Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language. They are native Chinese speakers and speak Standard Mandarin dialect (标准普通话, biāozhǔn pǔtōnghuà), so your pronunciation will be clear and accurate.
Conducive learning environment
Get more out of your online classes with our in-house learning platform that will help you reach your learning goals at your own pace. Class content and teacher’s notes automatically get recorded into the system, so it’s easy to review your classes.
Online Chinese lessons are conducted live online and are taught using the same methods we use at our schools in China. Besides, there is an online course arrangement system that manages your booked classes – to guarantee that wherever you are, you and your teachers can stay informed about the class schedule and changes.
If you have questions about your courses, you can always reach out to our course consultants via Contact Us page. Besides, our professional IT team is online 24 hours a day, ready to solve any unexpected issues.
Got Questions? We Have Answers
Who is this course for?
With That’s Mandarin special learning platform, you can have online Mandarin classes with our teachers anytime, anywhere.
What is the course schedule?
What will my teachers be like? Are they native speakers?
They have also previously obtained a Teaching Chinese as a Second Language (TCSL, or TCSOL) certificate before they joined us and successfully completed That’s Mandarin’s mandatory Teachers Training Course (TTC).
Will the classes be taught in English?
As your Chinese level progresses, less and less English will be used in your classes and you will be able to understand more and more Chinese every day.
How does an online Chinese course work?
• Online Chinese Class content and teacher’s notes automatically get recorded into the system, so it’s easy to review your classes;
• There’s a huge teaching resource database, so you can prepare for your future online Chinese classes in advance;
• There is an online course arrangement system that manages your booked Chinese classes – to guarantee that wherever you are, you and your teachers can stay informed about the online Mandarin class schedule and changes;
• Teachers can also add their own courseware including webpages, PowerPoint presentations, videos, etc. into the system anytime;
• Our professional IT team is online 24 hours a day, ready to solve any unexpected issues.
How fast can I reach different HSK levels?
• You’ll reach HSK1 after taking 32 online Chinese classes;
• You’ll reach HSK2 from HSK1 after taking 32 online Chinese classes;
• You’ll reach HSK3 from HSK2 after taking 64 online Chinese classes;
• You’ll reach HSK4 from HSK3 after taking 128 online Chinese classes;
• You’ll reach HSK5 from HSK4 after taking a customized number of online Chinese classes;
• You’ll reach HSK6 from HSK5 after taking a customized number of online Chinese classes.
What learning materials do you use?
For HSK 1-3, the standard course is built around a TV series we filmed featuring 64 episodes, and the story set in modern China with over 70 characters in 45 locations. Students can watch the videos, read interactive dialogues, learn new words & grammar, and practice with exercises on the platform.
For HSK 4, more advanced learners can read articles on various topics – Chinese culture, modern China, China’s economy & job market, dialogues from daily life, and many more. This level has the same set of interactive exercises as the previous levels.
For HSK 5-6, our teachers customize the lessons completely based on student’s learning style and goals. They choose from an extensive pool of materials such as articles, videos, comic books, translation classes, HSK papers, and more.
Custom materials are available to students of all levels if they wish to customize their private classes.
If are interested in a specific field, you might choose a specialized course such as Chinese for Business, Diplomatic, Medical purposes etc.
Ready to sign up? Have questions?
Fill in the form below, and we will get in touch with you within 24 hours.